The MS-Word Versioning feature in TrialWorks enables a user to better manage content as it is revised and assists users in saving all previous versions. Versioning is specifically helpful when several users work together on a document such as a Complaint, or when a document goes through several phases of development and review.
- To enable versioning, you must have Admin Rights to TrialWorks
- Go to Settings and click Global Settings
- Choose Other Settings and check the box for Versioning
- Start in a document generating tab such as Correspondence
- Use the create new + icon and generate the document using a template
- Once finished, save the document.
- Clicking on the document name (blue link) will prompt the user to version the document. By choosing yes a new version will automatically be created.
- The original version of the document will be moved to “More Links” on the data sheet. Within the detail window it will show as “Additional links”
- The document will automatically be labeled with the following:
Original Title of Document (Ver #) Date Time
- To access all versions of a document, double-click within an entry to open a Document Detail Window
- The additional link field on the data sheet should be reserved for the final version or PDF version of the document.
Versioning documents help to provide your organization with a meaningful history of a document. Users will be able to better understand the content of a file and see the different stages a document can take.