Trialworks Transition to Microsoft Azure Hosting
Trialworks has been focused on an initiative to enhance the overall stability of our hosting environment and to create a rapid disaster recovery mechanism in the face of potential cyberattacks. This has become even more important as the current remote-work environment has seen an exponential increase in cybercrime.
We are pleased to share that we are moving our infrastructure to the Microsoft® Azure platform. Microsoft’s market-leading uptime and disaster recovery capabilities are trusted and relied upon by millions of developers, IT professionals, and Fortune 500 companies every day. This transition means our historical backup policies and point-in-time recovery will now extend not only to customer files and databases but to your entire environment. It’s also worth noting that the move from our proprietary data center into Microsoft Azure’s will mean significant incremental cost to our company with no offsetting financial benefit; in other words, this transition will hit our bottom line directly.
We have communicated via email a specific date for your firm in which we will begin the final phase of your migration to Azure, including moving your database and your desktops to VDI (virtualized desktop infrastructure). The migration will begin at the set time and be completed overnight. You will have access to your Azure server the morning after this migration.
Important! Please note that after your migration to Azure, you will no longer have access to your current hosting environment.
Prior to your migration date, all staff members need to move their files in the hosted environment from Desktop, Downloads, Documents, and Pictures folders to your firm data (Y:) drive.
- All files not moved to your firm data (Y:) drive will no longer be available the day after the migration.
- Once your files are moved, you can only work on them from the new location on the (Y:). Do not move the documents to the (Y:) drive and continue working on them in Desktop or other local folders.
If you have Bookmarks and Passwords saved in Chrome or Firefox in the hosted server that you would like to carry over Azure, you will need to export that information prior to your Migration Date. Use the links below for instructions:
The morning after your migration date, all staff will need to install a new Remote Desktop Application and set up Multifactor Authentication (MFA) using the Microsoft Authenticator App on their cell phones. All users will also need to configure their Outlook Email Profiles.
Microsoft believes MFA makes an account 99.9% less likely to be compromised. Microsoft is automatically enabling MFA for all new Azure accounts. We are absolutely confident that this requirement is necessary in order to safeguard all customer data. Utilizing MFA is a requirement for any firm that has been moved to the Azure environment and the support team will not be able to disable it. We also believe that it has minimal impact on the end-user experience other than a one-time setup process on each new computer when Remote Desktop is configured.
- If you do not install the new Remote Desktop Application and setup MFA using a cell phone, you will not be able to sign in to your hosting environment
- Outlook will not be set up in Azure until you configure your email account
Please note that this migration is not being done by the Assembly Legal support teams. Following the instructions in this email is the only way to ensure access to the new hosting environment and continued access to any files that are currently not on your (Y:) drive. Assembly Legal support will be unable to assist if you do not follow these instructions.
If you do not comply with the above steps:
- All files not moved to your firm data (Y:) drive will no longer be available.
- The new Remote Desktop Application is the only way to log into Azure. Your current Remote Desktop icon will not work
- MFA configured using the Microsoft Authenticator App is required to log in to Azure and you will only be able to bypass configuration for 14 days. After the 14-day grace period, you will not be able to log in without configuring MFA
We will send communications via email leading up to your migration date. It is critical that all actions requested are completed to ensure a successful migration.